Origin and Destination Applications
Bluetooth-based data provide a very a cost-effective approach to collecting and analyzing data for applications that build on the orign/destination capabilities of BluFAX. While the same general concepts support travel time and origin-destination applications, data processing requirements for origin and destination applications are significantly different than those used for travel-time applications, and that the approach to the data analysis must be tailored to the needs and requirements of each study.
- Interchange studies. Intersection and interchange studies represent the simplest type of origin-destination study. As few as for sensors can be placed to obtain turning movement proportions for all twelve unique movements.
- Freeway Corridor Origin-Destination Studies. BluSTATs provides the tools needed to support detailed analysis for each exit area, as well as generation of trip-tables for large study areas. As part of the analysis, users can also generate link travel time statistics, which provides added value for model validation.
- Freeway-Arterial Corridor Studies. BluSTATs software supports development of trip tables, travel time matrices, and travel-time statistics for alternate routes that are tailored to the analysis requirements of each study.
- Area-wide, large-scale origin-destination studies. BluFAX Sensors and BluSTATS Analysis software are well suited to the needs of very large-scale, complex studies. Processing tools support detailed analysis of sensor data, as well as the capabilities needed to combine and process trip data that maps to model requirements.
- Cordon Studies. BluFAX Sensors can be laid out to support analysis of data for cordon studies, including analysis of external and internal trips. Advanced features provided in BluSTATS Analysis Software allow data to be analyzed with different time windows, and for specific trip-lengths.
- High-density urban environments. Traffax transportation experts have worked with customers to collect and process high-quality data in the most challenging environments. Bluetooth antennas and BluFAX sensor operating parameters can be configured by users to optimize data collection in locations where intersections are closely spaced, congested conditions are common, and slow moving traffic streams include vehicles, pedestrians, bicycles, and transit lanes. BluSTATs Analysis Software allows users to specify processing parameters and filters, to focus on the traffic streams of interest, and the transparency during the analysis process needed to identify and address specifial processing requirements.
- Pedestrian Origin-Destination Studies. BluFAX and BluSTATS support data collection and processing for pedestrian applications in airports, on roadways, and in transit stations. Because most detectable devices are carried by individuals, BluFAX supports studies which involve data for trips that span modes, support monitoring and managing access/egress to special events, transit stations, and other points of interest.